Tips on recruiting great employees:
• Review your strategy: Every job is different. Some positions are harder to fill than some others due skills shortage or specific employee requirements. Be flexible with your approach especially if you are trying to fill a vital position.
• Make sure you have the right culture to attract the best employees. Evaluate your expectations and be realistic in your search. What is your competition doing to get the right kind of skills? Can you match that? Can you do better and sometimes, this means different. Be ready to take a risk where necessary- a calculated risk!
• Make sure the job description is accurate, current and relevant.
• Be open to options – new and old: Use personal contacts, social media, internal employees, job boards and agencies.
• Consider various employment models: Full time employment is not the only option. Consider the temp option, temp- to- hire option, contract hire, direct hire. Speak to us about the possibilities. Sometimes the best person for the job is not always a full time employee, and the alternative could be cost effective.